Saturday, July 31, 2010

In My Mailbox #14

In My Mailbox is a bookish meme hosted by Kristi The Story Siren and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie.

I had my best book week in a very very long time! I got so many books that I have been looking forward to reading! And I went to our big 5 story library in my city this week. You would think that a library with 5 freaking stories would have a whole story dedicated to YA books, but no, I guess they're going for the whole quality vs. quantity thing which is fine I suppose. Anyways the books I got are really great, but there is a down side... you'll see...

Bought:
Oh how overdue this purchase was!

 Contest:
and
This incredible tote bag, which is so pretty. The cover image showed up really vivid and it's signed!!! It's hanging beautifully next to my bookshelf so I can easily access it for library trips!!! 
Thank you so much Artist Arthur and Online Publicist, I look forward to reading this one!

Library:
I heard about this book a while back, and I just now decided to pick it up. Can't go wrong with Meg Cabot!
 I know I am going to love this one. Which for is why I don't think I am going to read it until I purchase it. I'm weird that way. I know I am going to love it, so I want it to be my own so I can add it the my shelf and re-read it to my heart's desire. Again, I'm weird that way. You'll probably see this book next week under my BOUGHT section of IMM.
 I've heard many many mixed reviews on this book so I decided to get it at the library.
 Also wanted this for a while, but it seems to be at a limited availability everywhere!
 Already read these books about 100 times. But sadly, I don't own them. This is where libraries especially come in handy. Probably my favorite series to re-read!

Library- for school books: 
Lo and behold the dreaded reason I mentioned about not being able to read all of the amazing above books for a while. 4 words: AP English Summer Assignments.
Ugh, I haven't had much luck with the past books I had to read for AP English so to say I am not looking forward to these books would be the biggest understatement ever. And this is only 2 of the three. Anybody ever read Sophie's World?

 School starts in about two weeks which means I am going to have a while to read the three books and do the rest of my AP homework I have procrastinated on, but all these other books look so good. This is my attempt at disciplining myself and prioritizing...so far, not working out. But hope springs eternal :).


Don't forget to tell me what you guys got in your mailboxes!

9 comments:

Bailey said...

Great books this week! I also am a big fan of Meg Cabot and loved Avalon High! =) My In My Mailbox post:
http://baileysbookreviews.blogspot.com/2010/07/in-my-mailbox-1.html

Blueicegal ♥ said...

Ooohh cute bag, and you got some wonderful books , enjoy!

Holly said...

Enjoy Will Grayson, it's great!

Anonymous said...

Awesome books this week! Ooooh- Like Will Grayson, Will Grayson and Manifest!! Happy reading!

Misha said...

Great books! Enjoy reading them.
My first IMM post-
http://books-love-affair.blogspot.com/2010/08/in-my-mailbox.html

Lillie (AliseOnLife) said...

Really great books this week, and I love your Artist Arthur tote!
Too bad about school starting for you :( but you've got some awesome reading material!

Shields Of Paper said...

Those are some great boxs in your mailbox! Have fun reading them all! I look forward to your reviews :)

Girl on a Mission said...

Wow that tote bag is so awesome! Enjoy your books :)

Lisa Roe said...

Yay! Super thrilled you love the totebag. It's such a great cover, I can't wait to see the goodies Artist comes up with for 'Mystify'! ;-)