Friday, July 9, 2010

CSN Stores Bookcase Review!

Hello guys, First off I would like to thank CSN Stores for giving me the opportunity to review one of the great products from their wide range of stores! As I bet none of you were expecting, I chose a bookcase. This is my first bookcase and I have to say I love it! Here is the information on the bookcase.

Ameriwood SystemBuild 68" H Five Shelf Bookcase in Oak - 03353-GM
Features:
Five shelves (three adjustable)
Sturdy design
Manor Oak finish
47 lbs.
68"H x 28"W x 9.5625"D
(From CSN Stores Website)


Shipping: 
First off lets get to the shipping. The shipping was actually pretty quick, since for this, and most of the bookcases on the CSN sites, the shipping was free. So I expected it to take a really long time. But it didn't. I placed my order on June 30, the bookcase was shipped out July 1, and I received it on July 8. So it was about a week, which is great timing especially for free shipping!


Assembly: 
Assembly wise it was pretty easy. I am incredibly proud to say that I assembled the entire bookcase by myself. No parental help whatsoever. Just my dad annoyingly popping in and out to check on my progress. But really the assembly was a lot easier after I made sense of the directions. My advice to you when assembling this is after you count and make sure all of your parts are accounted for, don't bother with the first two pages any more, all they contain is dribble to confuse and annoy, just skip them and get right to the third page where you'll see a giant 1, after that everything is easy sailing and hammering. Those instructions were really easy to follow since it was only detailed pictures showing you step-by-step what to do, which was much appreciated. Assembly took me about 2 and a half hours which is great timing in my opinion.

One thing I don't get is why one of the shelves isn't adjustable,why can't  they all be adjustable? Now there is this little bit of extra spacing for one shelf than for the others, but I'm not freaking out over it, its not really noticable when books are in it!

Overall I think this is a great bookcase. It looks great, is easy to assembly, and holds a lot of books! I would definitely recommend this bookcase to anyone in need of a good and affordable one!

4.8/5 Stars 

 (yes I know my room is a mess)
It came packaged like this:

Finished product without any books:

Finished product with books:

Thank You!

3 comments:

Mrs. DeRaps said...

Looks great! You must be god with directions to put that together. I'm really bad at that!

Hannah S. said...

It looks great! I'll definitely be looking into this site!
Love, Hannah

Martha Lawson said...

Looks great! I can't believe you did this all by yourself, my husband has to put everything together for me!!