Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday- Born at Midnight

Waiting On Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

Born at Midnight
Release Date: March 29, 2011
Publisher:  St. Martin's Griffin
Paranormal/Supernatural Romance


 Synopsis from Goodreads: Kylie Galen has had a lot of crap tossed in her lap. Her parents are getting a divorce. Her boyfriend broke up with her because she wouldn’t put out. Her grandmother died and now Kylie’s acquired a stalker. Unfortunately, she’s the only one who seems to be able to see the stalker. And that gets her sent to a psychologist’s sofa. The kooky psychologist gets Kylie sent to Shadow Falls Camp. Kylie and her parents think it’s a camp for troubled teens. They thought wrong. It’s a camp of supernaturals: vampires, werewolves, fairies, witches and shape shifters. And if she believes the camp leader, Kylie is one of them, too.  As Kylie attempts to cope with the realization that these creatures actually exist, and that she might even be one of them, the ever present stalker/ghost appears to have secrets that could unravel the mystery of Kylie’s identity and her destiny. 
As Kylie struggles to find answers, two hot guys, a werewolf and a half-fairy vie for her attention. However, Kylie’s determined that before she lets her heart discover a new love, she needs to solve her identity crisis and unearth the truth of her destiny. 
Sounds like it is going to be really good. The one thing I am a little skeptical about is the romance. Which is a complete change of pace because I am all about books with romance and all that good stuff. But lately, even though this is probably just the books I am reading, it seems like there can't be a love story in YA without their being a love triangle. And since the first day I made this blog, I have stood by my anti-love shape way of thinking. I refuse to let it go. Though this could be the one book to change that belief of mine forever...I doubt it. It still seems like it is going to be a great book. It sort of reminds me of Fallen with all the reform school stuff. Anyways, anyone want to tell me what the girl in the picture is doing with her dress???

What are you waiting for this Wednesday?

1 comments:

Martha Lawson said...

Sounds like a good one. I'm always looking for good ones for my grandaughter to read!!