Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Currently Reading...

Played by. Dana Davidson. If you guys did not know, this week I am declaring it POC week here on Black and Blue Ink, and I am reading a book I have been waiting forever for. Every since I read Dana Davidson's last book Jason and Kyra, I have been pining for Played. Too bad for me all my local bookstores seem to be protesting against me getting this book, so I had to wait until it was a available on paperbackswap. But I am so glad I finally got this. 

Synopsis from Goodreads: When one of Ian's boys dares him to get plain-faced Kylie Winship to sleep with him in just three weeks, he thinks it'll be a breeze. Tall and fine, with honey-colored skin and eyes, Ian is used to getting what he wants from girls. And if he succeeds in playing Kylie, he'll be down with the most popular crew in his high school. But this girl, who everyone considers a nobody, is turning out to be more surprising than he ever could have imagined.

This books is really mostly a romance, but really I can't concentrate on the romance because of how disgusted I am by the male characters in this book. And the worst part, I know some guys that are really like this. Dana Davidson has created male characters that are original yet embody the epitome of what goes on inside the twisted male mind (not all guys are twisted like this, but they are out there). But I have faith in Kylie that she will do what she thinks is right for her!!!

 Favorite Quote: "I'll tell you this," Desiree said with a sudden fiery light in her eyes," if Ian hurts her, I'm going to make sure he pays."

Verdict:  I am really liking this book, even though I am only on page 58. If you are a fan of romantic drama's and are looking for a great POC book with some awesome female characters, I suggest anything by Dana Davidson.


2 comments:

MissA said...

I enjoy Dana Davidson's books but they are so frustrating because all is (maybe/almost) lost through miscommunication. If they would just talk!!! to each other. Gah.

I liked Jason & Kyra better than Played though.

I love the idea of POC Reading week :) I'm especially looking forward to reading what you thought of Asleep.

Jenna said...

I'm glad you liked it, but all I can concentrate on is the super cheesy cover. It makes me laugh, but it sounds good. I'll keep my eyes out for a copy next time I'm at the library.