Saturday, April 17, 2010

I Have The Solution...

...to all of your funk problems. *goes into extreme car saleswomen mode* In a reading funk?, don't know what to read or maybe you don't even want to read at all, well sit on down because I have the answers to all your funked up problems. "What, no way, can it be true???" I say it is true, now sit down, throw your remote away and get ready to read 'till you can't read no more!!! *ends extreme sales women mode* I really had to get that out of my system. And now for my solution, two words: Simone Elkeles. Do you recognize the name, I'll help refresh your memory. 

Simone Elkeles is the author of the awesome book Perfect Chemistry and the newly released and just as incredibly book Rules of Attraction. I mean this lady is a bonifide genius. I loved both of her books so much. Pretty much up until Wednesday I was in a reading funk, I did not want to read a book or buy a book (shocker!), but I got right out of it when I started reading Rules of Attraction (I'll have the review up soon), this book is the stuff!!! So this post is really more about some of my favorite all time authors and books that I read when I want to defunkify and some newly discovered authors that I'm sure I'll be going back to time and time again!!!   

Besides Simone Elkeles books, another book that has not been released yet 
that I have re-read about once a week since I recieved it is Jekel Loves Hyde by. Beth Fantaskey (review). 
I have yet to read Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by her, but if it is as good as this book, it is a soon-to-be favorite. Jekel Loves Hyde is so amazing I think it is a must read for everyone. It was astounding, a little science fiction, paranormal, and romance mixed into one incredibly book!!!


Another great author whose books are some of my all time favorites when it comes to paranormal romance is Sherrilyn Kenyon. Her Dark Hunters Series to me is the best adult paranormal romance series out there. I have read almost all of them and I love each one a little more than the one before. It just keeps getting better and better, and I would say her books are just as good if not better (in my opinion) than J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood Series. Though I adore her books too!!! 


 Richelle Mead author of the Vampire Academy Series, Cassandra Clare of City of Bones Trilogy, Stephenie Meyer author of the Twilight Saga, J.R.Ward of the Black Dagger Brotherhood Series, Meg Cabot from the Mediator Series, 1-800-Where-R-U Series, Airhead Series and a bunch of other great books are among the the authors whom I read more ofter than any other, whether I am in a reading funk or just want to re-read a book I know I will love.

So next time your in a reading funk, the answer to your problems might be in your own bookshelf. If you guys have another solution to your reading funk problems or just know some authors you never get tired of reading let me know and I'll check them out. 


 +1 Contest Entry 

6 comments:

Blueicegal ♥ said...

ive read dating on the dark side whats it called, was really let down just to let you know, not good at all, rules of attraction though i am trying to get my hands on will be looking forward to your review girl :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the advice. I'm not in a reading funk right now, but when I am (and I know it is bound to happen) I will definitely try out your suggestions :)

Okapi said...

Great advice! Whenever i'm in a funk, I always turn to either my trusty Harry Potter series, His Dark Materials trilogy, or the Hunger Games. I never get sick of rereading them, and they keep up my "reading momentum". I get jittery if I'm not reading something.

Jan von Harz said...

Everyone is really excited about Karma Club. Can't wait to read all the great reviews. I also noticed you are reviewing Being Nikki, finished that one during the read-a-thon but haven't gotten to the review yet. Hope you have a great weekend.

Jenna said...

Great post! When I'm in a reading funk I usulally re-read my favorite books that I hadn't read in a while. Sometimes during school when you have required reading you lose the fun of reading something you actually like, and reading my favorite stories reminds me of that.

Brianna Bruce said...

I love Meg Cabot, Beth Fantaskey, and Simone Elkeles! My go-to author is always Alex Flinn. Her work ranges from modern retellings of classic fairy tales (like Beastly) to gritty portraits of high school (like Breaking Point). Her writing style is so believable, it sucks you in. Another writer that I love is Mette Ivie Harrison, who wrote books such as The Princess and the Hound and The Princess and the Bear. Despite the cute titles, the books are really quite deep.