Thursday, March 18, 2010

Author Appreciation Week: Scott Westerfeld



Author Appreciation Week was started by the Author of upcoming YA novel Sea, Heidi R. Kling. Author Appreciation week runs from March 15 to March 19. All you have to do is write a post on authors you like, love, or just appreciate!!!

I really couldn't do a post on Author Appreciation week without showing great, hugely, immense appreciation for... Scott Westerfeld. Some of you may already know this if you've read my way too long About Me on goodreads, but I pretty much owe my whole book love, passion, obessession, whatever you wanna call it to Scott Westerfeld. I have to say, two years ago in middle school and every year before that,  I dispised books with a passion.  The only reason I ever touched a book was because of those Accelerated reader points my school did, I don't know if any other disctrict did it but basically you get points, then awards, for reading books then answering questions about them, and really who doesnt love an award. And even then it was only boring non fiction The History of the Airplane type books. It wasn't until my school had a book fair that I first picked up a YA book, Uglies by Scott Westerfeld. My friend had already read the book and she convinced me to buy it, and by 5th period I was in love.
Scott Westerfeld writes amazing, intense, realistic (though most are science fiction), gripping, they're not enough adjectives in my entire theasaurus to describe how amazing his books are. His Uglies Saga has everything I would want to read about in a series, and the books are filled with so many jaw dropping twists and turns, that I don't even remember sleeping when I read these books. They are impossible to put down. And they will forever be some of my favorites!!!

 Books
Uglies (Uglies Series 1)
Pretties (Uglies Series 2)
Specials (Uglies Series 3)
Extras (Uglies Series 4)
 Peeps
So Yesterday
The Last Days
The Secret Hour (Midnighters, #1) 
Touching Darkness (Midnighters, #2) 
Blue Noon (Midnighters, #3) 
 Leviathan 

Find him at:
 http://scottwesterfeld.com/blog/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Westerfeld 
http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/13957.Scott_Westerfeld 

6 comments:

bookaholic said...

I havent read any of Scott's books but I have heard so many good things about them. Will sure grab a copy given the opportunity...

Marty Shaw said...

Well...Crap!!!!! I let this one slide by me. I might have to a belated author appreciate post.

Incidentally, you've been chosen for a blog award. Details can be found here: http://darkwyrmreads.blogspot.com/2010/03/my-first-blog-award-o.html

Emma (the Expat) said...

This is a sweet blog, I have to say. I'm Emma, here from the Saturday Network! I've only read Uglies, but after reading your post I'm going to have to investigate Scott Westerfeld further!
Thanks for appreciating authors! :)

Jan von Harz said...

Great chice for author appreciation Week. Love the Uglies and Specials.

While I have not participated in this I have a wonderful interview with Sharon Draper. She is one of my favorite authors and is a fantastic lady. She just released a new book OUt of My Mind which is a terrific read.

Have a great weekend

Liz @ Cleverly Inked said...

You know I have yet to read this series

Najela said...

I found your blog via Ari's interview on her blog. I've got the Uglies series on loan from the library and I can't wait to read the series.I've heard so many great things about it.