Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Waiting On Wednesday (8)

Oh Goodreads. You never let me down!!!
Look at the book I found today. It sounds like its going to be really good, the cover is extremely creepy, it reminds me of The Phantom of The Opera.


Guardian of the Dead by. Karen Healey
April 1st 2010
In less than a day I had been harassed, enchanted, shouted at, cried on, and clawed. I’d been cold, scared, dirty, exhausted, hungry, and miserable. And up until now, I’d been mildly impressed with my ability to cope.

At her boarding school in New Zealand, Ellie Spencer is like any ordinary teen: she hangs out with her best friend, Kevin; obsesses over her crush on a mysterious boy; and her biggest worry is her paper deadline. Then everything changes: In the foggy woods near the school, something ancient and deadly is waiting.

Karen Healey introduces a savvy and spirited heroine with a strong, fresh voice. Full of deliciously creepy details, this adventure is a deftly crafted story of Māori mythology, romance, betrayal, and war.


I love how pretty much every book coming out in 2010 is paranormal!!! It sounds really mysterious. The synopsis doesnt give away much, but that's part of makes it more curious!!!