Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Waiting On Wenesday 1

Jill over at Breaking the Spine started this. I have wanted to do a Waiting on Wenesday forever. I add a new book to my Amazon.com wishlist pretty much every hour, so now everyone gets to be updated on the new books I am dying to get.


The Mark by. Jen Nadol                                                                                                                                                                 Sixteen-year old Cassie Renfield has seen the mark since forever: a glow around certain people as if a candle were held behind their back.

The only time she pointed it out taught her she shouldn’t do it again, so Cassie has kept quiet, considering its rare appearances odd, but insignificant. Until she watches a man die. Mining her memories, Cassie realizes she can see a person’s imminent death. Not how or where, only when: today.

Cassie searches her past, her philosophy lessons, even her new boyfriend for answers, always careful to hide her secret. How does the mark work? Why her? Most importantly, if you know today is someone’s last, should you tell?

  


 This book sounds so awesome. It reminds me of My Soul To Save by. Rachel Vincent. But not in an annoying copy cat kind of way, more in a cool new take on a new genre idea!!! Plus a purple cover!!! I cant wait!!!

6 comments:

Staysi said...

I am DYING for this book! I have a countdown of it on my blog.
Oh and I LOVE your pick for Cover of the Week
:]

Test said...

The Mark looks so great! I can't wait to read it.

YA Book Queen said...

I agree, this novel looks and sounds amazing. I can't wait for it!

ParaJunkee said...

I am very excited about this book.

ParaJunkee

Daisy Whitney said...

This book does look fantastic and the cover is great. Have you seen the previous cover? It's similar but this is better...it was on another book blog...I can't remember which! Anyway, I think the color scheme and photo is fabulous

Chioma said...

I did see the other cover, it was a blue color scheme I believe, it was nice, but I definately prefer this one.