Saturday, September 19, 2009

Review/Promotion Policy

Dear Authors and Publishers requesting book review/promotion:
Hello, thank you for considering Black and Blue Ink as a place where you would like to feature your book. I will always be more than willing to review any YA book ( unless otherwise stated, or a book that may not be considered YA if I have specified that I would be willing to review/promote the book). If you would like me to review your book and it is not YA, just send me an e-mail via my contact form and I will definitely look into it.

Preferences:
I really am not at all picky when it comes to books I review. And since it is the author who is willing to give up a copy of his/her book just to get some feedback, and that they would even consider my blog is really awesome. 

1. I am in love with any and everything paranormal (urban fantasy),romance, and especially science fiction in YA. So if your book is within this genre, the chances are high that I will love to review it.
 
2. I am not really a horror, thriller, or intense suspense/mystery book, but usually if it has any romance in it, I would be willing to give it a try. Also chick lit as in Gossip Girl or The Clique are also not my usual and as far warning the chances of the review are slim, again I am not automatically dismissing any books because of their genre, just shoot me an e-mail me and I would see if it is something I would like to review.

3.  Please be aware that this is a Young Adult blog. I will not be reviewing books in the adult genre unless previously stated. I will try to only accept books that I know I will read or that I think that I will like, as to not make a habit of negitive reviews!!

4. I don't review e-books, at all. Though I appreciate the e-mail,  I will not be reviewing books in e-book format, or audio book format. 


To Authors/Publishers:

When requesting a review for a book, all you would have to do is e-mail me at blackandblueink (at) yahoo (dot) com.  Or fill out the contact form here. I will review a book whether it is a ARC or already released book.In the e-mail if you could please include a brief description of the book and of course the title of the book. That is all I really need. I will try to contact the requester as soon as possibly on when I would be able to review the book. 
Timing:
I am pretty sure that after receiving  a book to review I will be able to get the review up within 3 weeks of receiving the book if it is already released. If it has yet to be released I will put up the review withing a month of the release date.  And you can rest assured that any book I have accepted to receive and review will be reviewed. It may take a little while longer depending on the circumstances, but I will not accept a book unless I am 100% sure I will review it. And unless the author would prefer otherwise, I would also like to post my review of the book on other book sites such as goodreads, teenreads, librarything, shelfari, and/or the publishing site.

Review:
The way I review all of my books is by using a 5 point star rating. This rating is based on plot, characters, ending, writing style, entertainment, originality, and the cover. My review will include a brief description of the book,  usually from amazon, and then my thoughts on the book. If you would like me to include anything else in my review please specify and I would gladly include it.

Promoting: 
If you would also like me to promote your book or you as an author, I would be more than happy to hear what you have in mind, whether it be an interview, or if you would like me to host a contest, again just e-mail me and I will be sure to get back to you A.S.A.P.


Thank you to all the authors and publishers who are interested in asking me to help them with a book promotion or something. It is a real honor to be asked personally by an author to review their book.
My email: blackandblueink (at) yahoo (dot) com


0 comments: