Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday’s Question of the Day

This meme was started by Eleni over at /- LA FEMME READERS -/. I always enjoyed answering and reading the responses to the questions she comes up with, so I decided to start some of my own!

Monday's Question of The DayHow do you feel about books turning into movies?

To be completely 100% honest…I don’t like it. It really kind of bugs me whenever I see another YA book, especially one of my favorites, being made into a movie. This used to make me really ecstatic to see a book I liked made into a movie. but lately it has just become too much for my taste. It would be okay if they were making them into as close as possibly remake’s of the books, but adding all the sparkle sparkle, Hollywood casted, annoying directors who like to change great books into their own twisted visions really bugs me. Wake, and Vampire Academy are two of my favorite favorite series ever, and I’ll just say I was less than happy when I heard they were being made into movies. But maybe they will be able to find that one director out there that will actually make the books what they are, instead of what they think it should be. *Toes and Fingers Crossed!*

That’s my opinion on the whole YA into movies phenom, what do you think?

3 comments:

Eleni said...

Yay! That's awesome that you're using my meme. :) Great question! I honestly LOVE when I see books turned into movies. Sometimes they might not be the best interpretation but I still enjoy the seeing books come to life.

Anonymous said...

Hmm...I'm not really sure whether I like it. I guess I could say I'm new the whole book being turned into movie thing. I've only read maybe five or so books that have actually been turned into movies. I think it's cool to see how they make it, but at the same time I don't like it.

If I picture a character a certain way, I get annoyed if the actor isn't like him/her. And that's unfair, because it's not their fault. And I also don't like all they hype about it. I remember reading Twilight right before I found out it was being made into a movie. It was popular, but not everyone had heard about it. Now people hate it because it's talked about too much.

~Alison

Audrey (holes In My brain) said...

i dont like it much, but mostly because im not convinced by teen kids' acting these days...might just be me. not that excited for VA or Wake either (miley... *shudders*) i wrote a post about it a while back. awesome topic :)
http://holes-in-my-brain.blogspot.com/2010/07/why-i-dont-like-ya-movie-adaptations.html