Sunday, October 25, 2009

In My Mailbox 4

I have to give my props over to Krist at The Story Siren for creating this great meme and Alea over at Pop Culture Junkie for inspiring it!!!

Swapped



Title: The Host
Author: Stephenie Meyer
Publication Date: May 6, 2008
Genre: Science Fiction/ Romance
Pages: 624

Melanie Stryder refuses to fade away. The earth has been invaded by a species that take over the minds of their human hosts while leaving their bodies intact, and most of humanity has succumbed.

Wanderer, the invading "soul" who has been given Melanie's body, knew about the challenges of living inside a human: the overwhelming emotions, the too vivid memories. But there was one difficulty Wanderer didn't expect: the former tenant of her body refusing to relinquish possession of her mind.

Melanie fills Wanderer's thoughts with visions of the man Melanie loves-Jared, a human who still lives in hiding. Unable to separate herself from her body's desires, Wanderer yearns for a man she's never met. As outside forces make Wanderer and Melanie unwilling allies, they set off to search for the man they both love.

Featuring what may be the first love triangle involving only two bodies, THE HOST is a riveting and unforgettable novel that will bring a vast new readership to one of the most compelling writers of our time.

 

OMG!!!! I really I literally screamed when I opened my mailbox and found the giant envelope containing this book. I have been waiting to have this book for a while. But im probably going to have to wait until a time when we are on vacation from school, because when I was reading Twilight, I pretty much couldn't distinguish the time I was at school from when I was home, so my grades sorta took a turn for the worst. So to all those who in the future plan to pick up any Stephenie Meyer book; CAUTION: This book may have a negitive affect on your school career. Read during school hours at your own risk.




Title: Waiting For You
Author: Susane Colasanti
Publication Date: May 14, 2009
Genre:  Romance
Pages: 336

At the beginning of her sophomore year, Marisa is ready for a fresh start and, more importantly, a boyfriend. So when the handsome and popular Derek asks her out, Marisa thinks her long wait for happiness is over. But several bumps in the road—including her parents' unexpected separation, a fight with her best friend, and a shocking disappointment in her relationship with Derek—test Marisa's ability to maintain her new outlook. Only the anonymous DJ, whose underground podcasts have the school's ear, seems to understand what Marisa is going through. But she has no idea who he is—or does she? 


I loved When it Happens by. Susane Colasanti so I hope this book is just as good. I just got these two books this week, but I still think it was one of my best weeks. Just goes to show quality is better than quantity. 

4 comments:

Cindy said...

I have waiting for you! love the cover!

Rebecca said...

Great books you got this week. The Host is a pretty good book. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

Jenn (Books At Midnight) said...

Love the Host! And Waiting for You looks cute. Happy reading! :)

Emily said...

I borrowed The Host from a friend almost a year ago and haven't read it yet. Your post motivated me to move it to the top of my TBR pile. Thanks!

Emily
What Book is That?