Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday- Pure

Waiting On Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

Author: Julianna Baggott
Release Date: February 8, 2012
Dystopia

 
Synopsis from Goodreads: A dystopian novel about a society of haves, who escaped an apocalypse in a futuristic dome-covered city, and have-nots, who survived the nearly destroyed outside world. The have-nots are almost entirely marked or mutated in some manner.  PURE centers around the story of Pressia, a 16-year-old survivor with a doll’s head fused into her left hand, and Partridge, an unmarked Pure who has escaped the Dome to find his mother, certain that she has survived the cataclysm.






Yeah, umm okay, am I the only one who thought that synopsis was a little on the weird side. I re-read it about three times to make sure I had read the part about the hand and the doll's head correctly. Still, I think this is so far the book that I am now most excited for for 2012, yes I do probably say that for every WOW but this time I mean it! The weird synopsis has me so intrigued I cannot wait at all! I really want to read this book since the concept sounds so intriguing. The whole idea of haves and have-nots, and then all of the people have mutations. Kind of gets you wondering about what kind of mutations its talking about right . I am a HUGE fan of sci-fi so the whole futuristic dome society intrigued from the start. And would you take a look at that cover, what a beauty. I just think it matches the book title to PERFECTION. It seems so serene and well, pure, and it relates back to the whole domed city theme beautifully. I already feel hooked on this book and a I still have about a half a year to read it, still, if more books have weirdly interesting synopsis like this one, I be this excited for every single one of them!!!

What do you guys think of this week's Waiting on Wednesday? 

4 comments:

Kapri (Book Fanatics) said...

This does look really weird, but good at the same time. Thanks for posting me about this!

Natascha De Marco said...

They were giving out copies of this book at BEA... o.o

I like the cover very much ^^

alyssa said...

I like your blog! :)

Erica said...

This one looks great!